Want to know how to make quick blueprints of your designs? Learn how to illustrate forms and outlines, gemstones and stunning pavé layouts confidently using pencil and paper only. You'll learn design theory and a whole bag of tricks from a master jeweler, award-winning jewelry designer and educator with more than 35 years of experience.
Why would I need that—what's in it for me?
Concept sketches are a true, tried and tested creative tool and the fastest way to make visuals that
• Serve as a trigger to visualize inspirations and creativity,
• Facilitate foresight of downstream processes,
• Streamline communications and increase efficiency,
• Facilitate preliminary cost analysis and cost projections,
• Reduce redundancies, eliminate costly corrections and reworks,
• Increase productivity and profitability,
• Encourage customer participation and build strong customer relationships.
Who stands to benefit? Jewelry creatorssuch as
• Jewelry store managers, heads of department and similar corporate decision-makers,
• Sales associates, experts, or specialists involved in custom design,
• Jewelry design students, interns or trainees,
• CAD designers and modelers,
• Fine jewelry designers,
• Jewelry business owners,
• Costume jewelry designers,
• Studio goldsmiths,
• Jewelry lovers and aficionados.
Isn't freehand sketching outdated in the age of CAD?
Ironically, the ability to draw freehand is more essential than ever in the digital age. Freehand sketches provide quick visuals of a given project. They're not about accuracy, but about the concept. Concept sketches precede CAD, which is incomparably more accurate, but takes more time to input.
What will I learn?
Have you convinced yourself that you're "just hopeless" when it comes to drawing? We've got you covered. This course was designed with you in mind, and we'll start at the very beginning by showing you simple, common-sense techniques to:
• Draw straight and curved lines with confidence,
• Draw and use guides as facilitators for drawing,
• Draw stone outlines and facet lines,
• Understand and draw bead settings,
• Develop even tricky pavé layouts,
• Draw complex outlines with speed and ease,
so you'll be ready to use your new skills right away in the workplace.
An image says more than 1,000,000 Words.
Concept sketching is a vital skill for students and seasoned jewelry professionals alike. It's also an opportunity for jewelry aficionados and collectors to enhance the understanding and enjoyment of their favorite subject.
"Bravo. The Course is wonderful! Just seeing the videos with the sketches, photos of Robert's work and the wonderful film clip of an award ceremony is truly inspiring. Even though I'm teaching this topic, more or less, his presentation in the videos just makes me want to enroll and pick up a pencil. Where do I sign up?”